Fresno Adventist Academy is on a Mission Trip to Peru
from March 12th through 24th 2014
with the Quiet Hour Ministries (QHMinistries.org).
School Website: www.FAA.org

Tom Krazan

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

We have seen over 300 people so far in our medical clinic.

Our day began at 1:00 am this morning when we loaded our two busses for our trip to Machu Picchu. After a 4 hour bus ride, we then boarded a train and rode for another hour and a half to Machu Picchu. Once we reached the entry point, our group was divided into 3 smaller groups and we took a 2 hour guided tour. I, along with the students, were amazed at the beauty of this place. It is truly magnificent.

After the guided tour, we were given about 2 hours to explore Machu Picchu on our own. I wish I could send some more pictures, but the internet is just too slow here. Our day concluded by having a wonderful dinner by the river as well as an opportunity to shop for some souvenirs. We will be boarding the train in a couple hours for our trip home. It has been a very long day and we are all tired, but it has been well worth it.

We have had a few kids come down with sickness. I am very thankful for the medical staff that we have on our team. They have been a tremendous asset.

We were served a special meal last night which all of our kids were thrilled with. We had Haystacks! I have never seen my kids as excited about eating haystacks as they were last night. They were slightly modified here, but tasted great nonetheless.

Tomorrow, we will again be having a medical clinic as well as continue working on our construction projects. We have seen over 300 people so far in our medical clinic. I was able to meet the mayor of Urcos (Domingo Huittoccollo Curasi), where we had our medical clinic on Sunday and Monday. He expressed his deep appreciation to our group for the help we have been able to provide to the people here.

Our evangelistic meetings have also been going very well. We passed our decision cards out at our last meeting and hopefully I will be able to have some numbers of decisions that have been made to share with you tomorrow or Friday.

God is really working on the hearts of our students. Over and over again I have heard them comment on how blessed they are and how much they take for granted what we have back home. We are planning on visiting an orphanage on Friday afternoon. I know this will be a special time for our students.

I know I say it all the time, but I really do appreciate all the prayers that are being lifted up on our behalf!

Thank you.
Blessings, Eric